- Full Name: ALEBIOWU Gbenga
- Present Status: Professor
- Faculty/Directorate: Pharmacy
- Department/Unit: Pharmaceutics
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria 1987 – to date
- Nigerian Association of Pharmacists in Academia 1994 – to date
- Member, Materials Science Society of Nigeria 2014 – to date
- Alkaloids of the Rubiaceae Family (B. Pharm. Dissertation) 1987
- Formulation Studies into Datura metel powder as an antispasmodic drug (M.Sc. Thesis) 1992
- Native and pregelatinized forms of plantain and sorghum 2001
starches as excipients in paracetamol tablet formulations
Published Journal Articles
- Adeoye, O. and ALEBIOWU, G. (2014). Evaluation of coprocessed disintegrants produced from Tapioca starch and Mannitol in Orally Disintegrating tablets. (Acta Pharmaceutica Poloniae. 71 (5): 803-811.
- Ogunjimi, T. A and ALEBIOWU, G. (2014). Excipients Coprocessing Influence on the Interacting Variables that affect the Disintegration Properties of a Paracetamol Tablet Formulation. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 8 (5): 1 – 6
- Akinluwade, K. J., Oyatogun, G. M, ALEBIOWU, G. Adeyemi, I. O. and Akinwole, I. E. (2017). Synthesis and Characterization of Polymeric Nanoparticles Formed from Cowry Shells and Acacia Gum Extracts. Journal of Advances in Biology & Biotechnology 14 (1): 1-8.
- Akinwole, I. E. Alebiowu, G. Oyatogun, G. M. et al (2018). Synthesis and Characterization of Cowry and Crab Shells Based Chitosan for Drug Delivery. Bioceramics Development and Applications 8: 107 – 112.
- Akinluwade, K. J., Oyatogun, G. M., Alebiowu, G., Popoola, A. P. (2018). Morphological Analysis of Chitosan-Acacia Gum Nanoparticles Loaded And Unloaded with Cisplatin 5 (6): 162 – 166.
Current Research Activities
Formulation studies on pharmaceutical powders and development of excipients from local sources. Formulation studies on the use of polymers in controlled /sustained release technology. Co – processing of excipients. Formulation studies of effervescent tablets. Materials science studies of excipients the Nigerian environment.